Electricity: Electric Circuits
Electric Circuits: Audio Guided Solution
A stun gun or TASER is designed to put out a few seconds worth of electric pulses that impress a voltage of about 1200 V across the human body. This results in an average current of approximately 3 mA into a human body. Using these figures, estimate the resistance of the human body.
Audio Guided Solution
Habits of an Effective Problem Solver
- Read the problem carefully and develop a mental picture of the physical situation. If necessary, sketch a simple diagram of the physical situation to help you visualize it.
- Identify the known and unknown quantities and record them in an organized manner. Equate given values to the symbols used to represent the corresponding quantity - e.g., ΔV = 9.0 V; R = 0.025 Ω; I = ???.
- Use physics formulas and conceptual reasoning to plot a strategy for solving for the unknown quantity.
- Identify the appropriate formula(s) to use.
- Perform substitutions and algebraic manipulations in order to solve for the unknown quantity.
Read About It!
Get more information on the topic of Electric Circuits at The Physics Classroom Tutorial.
Return to Problem Set
Return to Overview