Ten problems will be generated in a random manner. Your task involves interpreting a graph and identifying the motion parameters which would be required to duplicate the graph.
- Analyze the given graph and determine the initial velocity, final time for each interval and acceleration during each interval. Enter this information into the designated fields; use the TAB key to tab from field to field.
- When you have entered information into all the fields, click on the Check Answer button at the bottom of the screen. The object will move in accordance with the information which you have entered. Observe the graph as the object moves and compare it to the given graph. Feedback will be given concerning the correctness of your answers.
- Repeat steps 1-2 until you have successfully answered all ten problems.
- If necessary, use the Try New Problem button if you need to skip the given problem; you will have to do the problem later.
- If necessary, use the Web Help button to obtain help from The Physics Classroom Tutorial. If you do use the Web Help button, do not close his window containing this page with the Shockwave file. If you do, you will have to re-open the Shockwave file and start over.
Tutorial information on the graphical description of motion is available at:
The Physics Classroom Tutorial.
You will need the Shockwave plug-in to view the files.
Download the plug-in here.